1) Use the drum key to loosen the tension rods connecting the ring and the drum. Start with one tension rod and move directly across the drum to the next tension rod. Crisscross your way around the drum as you loosen each one.
2) Use your hand to unscrew the tension rods once the drum key has loosened the tension rods.
3) Lift the drum ring off the frame and remove the old drum head.
4) Place the new drum head onto the frame. Make sure it is centered. The head will fit snugly around the outside of the shell.
5) Put the ring over the
drum head placing it so it is evenly seated around all sides of the drum
6) Then line-up the holes in the rim with the lugs on
the drum shell. Place the washers on the tension rods
and insert the rods into the holes.
7) Tighten the tension rods in the same pattern you loosened them. Work your way around the drum in a crisscross motion. Hand-tighten the tension rods, making sure the rim is even around all sides of the drum shell.